Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S21 update center. Here you will find the latest information on updates for the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus and Galaxy S21 Ultra. We will detail the current software versions for each device and notify you if there is a new update. Samsung generally publishes updates for the entire series, but this may vary by variant and carrier.
All three phones in the Galaxy S21 series launched with Android 11 and Samsung’s One UI 3.1 skin on top. Samsung will offer three major updates to the Android operating system for the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus, and S21 Ultra. The company also guarantees four years of security updates for all devices.
- Current stable version: Android 12
- When will the Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra get Android 13? December 2022 (estimated)
Latest update for Samsung Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra
December 8, 2021: In November, Samsung pushed stable update from One UI 4 (based on Android 12) to Galaxy S21 series. Then later that month it released a second update to fix some bugs. Now, just two weeks later, the Galaxy S21 series will receive a third update (via Sammobile). The update will land as G99xBXXS3BUL1. However, this time around, it looks like it only has the December 2021 security patch.
To check if the update is available for your device, go to Settings > software update and touch Download and install.
Previous updates to the Samsung Galaxy S21 series
- November 23, 2021: This month, Samsung kicked off the launch of Android 12-based One UI 4 on the Galaxy S21 series. The update, however, unfortunately had a very annoying habit of lowering the screen refresh rate to 60Hz the moment you took your finger off the screen. Now for XDA DevelopersSamsung has acknowledged the issue and released a slightly modified update that addresses the issue. However, aside from this fix, there doesn’t seem to be much else in the update.
- October 25, 2021Samsung is rolling out the November 2021 security update to its flagship devices long before the new month. For Sammobile, firmware version G99xBXXS3AUJ7 is coming to user devices in Germany. However, based on a captured changelog, there isn’t much to look forward to, other than the usual security and stability improvements.
- October 14, 2021: The October 2021 patch landed in the US with firmware versions G99xUSQS4AUIN and G99xU1UES4AUIN.
- September 28, 2021: Firmware version G991BXXU3AUIE, which included the October 2021 Android security patch, started rolling out in Europe and Asia (via Sammobile).
- September 6, 2021: Samsung released the September 2021 Android security patch for the Galaxy S21 series (firmware version G99xU1UES4AUH9). It first landed on unlocked models in Europe and America. There do not appear to be any new features or improvements with the launch.
- August 25, 2021: Samsung released One UI 3.1.1 to the Galaxy S21 series (via Tizen Help). The launch is happening in the United States for the T-Mobile variants and is also happening in Canada for select models. One UI 3.1.1 launched with Samsung’s new foldable phones: the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and the Galaxy Z Flip 3. It brings a handful of new features and improvements. You can see the full list of changes here. It also includes the August 2021 security patch, but the Galaxy S21 phones should have already received it from the previous update this month.
Which Samsung Galaxy S21 update are you running? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve seen an OTA that we don’t have, please tip us!