If you’re looking for a safe and effective way to achieve a sun-kissed glow without exposing yourself to harmful UV rays, then a Collarium session at Brisbane’s top tanning salon might be just what you need. Collariums use advanced technology to stimulate collagen production in your skin, resulting in a range of benefits that traditional tanning methods can’t match. However, to get the most out of your Collarium experience, there are certain tips and tricks that you should keep in mind. In this article, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know to ensure that you walk out of the salon with a flawless, radiant glow.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein naturally present in your skin, bones, muscles, and tendons. It is responsible for maintaining the elasticity and strength of your skin, which is why it is often referred to as the “glue” that holds your body together. As you age, your body produces less collagen, leading to wrinkles, sagging skin, and other signs of aging. Collagen production can also be affected by sun exposure, smoking, and poor diet.
Collariums use a combination of UV-A, UV-B, and red light therapy to stimulate collagen production in your skin. The UV-A and UV-B light penetrates the top layers of your skin, triggering the production of melanin, which gives your skin its color. The red light therapy stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which helps to improve the texture and tone of your skin. By increasing collagen production, Collariums can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin elasticity, and even out skin tone.
Benefits of Collarium
In addition to boosting collagen production, Collariums offer a range of other benefits for your skin. One of the main advantages of Collariums is that they provide a safe and effective alternative to traditional tanning methods. Unlike sunbathing or using tanning beds, Collariums do not expose your skin to harmful UV rays, which can increase your risk of skin cancer and premature aging.
Collariums are also much faster and more convenient than traditional tanning methods. A typical Collarium session lasts just 12-15 minutes, and you can achieve a beautiful, natural-looking tan after just a few sessions. In addition, Collariums are suitable for all skin types, including those that are sensitive or prone to sunburn.
Understanding the Collarium Experience
Before you book your first Collarium session, it’s essential to understand what to expect. Collariums are quite different from traditional tanning beds, and getting used to the experience can take some time. Here’s a quick rundown of what you can expect during a Collarium session:
- You will be asked to remove all clothing and jewelry, and to wear protective eyewear during the session.
- You will lie on a comfortable bed inside the Collarium machine, emitting a combination of UV-A, UV-B, and red light therapy.
- The session will last for 12-15 minutes, during which time you can relax and enjoy the warmth and comfort of the Collarium machine.
- After the session is over, you will be able to get dressed and go about your day as normal.
Preparing for your Collarium Session
To get the most out of your Collarium experience, it’s essential to prepare your skin beforehand. Here are some tips to help you get ready for your session:
- Exfoliate your skin before your Collarium session to remove any dead skin cells and ensure an even tan.
- Avoid using moisturizer or oil-based products on your skin before your session, as these can interfere with the absorption of the Collarium light.
- Remove any makeup or cosmetics before your session, as these can also interfere with the absorption of the Collarium light.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your session to avoid any marks or lines on your skin.
During your Collarium Session
During your Collarium session, there are a few things you can do to enhance your experience:
- Relax and enjoy the warmth and comfort of the Collarium machine.
- Keep your skin still during the session to ensure an even tan.
- Let your technician know if you feel uncomfortable or too hot during the session.
After your Collarium Session
After your Collarium session, there are a few things you can do to help maintain your tan and keep your skin looking healthy:
- Avoid showering or swimming for at least 4-6 hours after your session to allow the tan to fully develop.
- Moisturize your skin regularly to keep it hydrated and prevent dryness.
- Avoid using harsh exfoliants or scrubs on your skin, as these can remove your tan more quickly.
- Wear sunscreen when spending time outdoors to protect your skin from UV damage.
Tips for maximizing your Collarium experience
Here are some additional tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your Collarium experience:
- Start with shorter sessions and gradually increase the length of your sessions as your skin becomes more accustomed to the Collarium light.
- Use a high-quality tanning lotion to enhance your tan and keep your skin moisturized.
- Consider using a tan extender or gradual tanner to maintain your tan between Collarium sessions.
- Drink plenty of water before and after your session to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid using products that contain retinol or alpha-hydroxy acids, as these can make your skin more sensitive to the Collarium light.
Collarium tanning is a safe and effective way to achieve a beautiful, sun-kissed glow without exposing yourself to harmful UV rays. By stimulating collagen production in your skin, Collariums offer a range of benefits that traditional tanning methods can’t match. However, to get the most out of your Collarium experience, it’s important to follow the tips and tricks outlined in this article. By preparing your skin beforehand, relaxing during your session, and taking care of your skin afterwards, you can ensure that you walk out of the salon with a flawless, radiant glow that lasts for weeks.